What Content Should I Include in the Yearbook?
If You Have an Existing Yearbook
Set aside some time early on to figure out how you can improve on the previous year:
- Have any of the events/activities changed from the previous year?
- Was there any feedback from staff/students/parents about the content, for example, was there anything missing, was it too short/too long, not enough of something?
- Does any new information need to be included, such as adding information from each faculty?
- Can anything be discarded, for example, junior prizegiving results?
If You are Starting from Scratch
Starting from scratch can be daunting, but it's much easier if you plan it out:
- Look at your school calendar and see which major events will need to be covered.
- Look at other school yearbooks for inspiration.
Common articles are:
- Reports: Principal’s message, messages from head students etc
- General school news/future plans
- Houses class group photos or individual student portrait photos
- Academic areas
- Camps and trips
- Performing arts
- Student achievements
Using the Yearbook Ladder
When managing your ladder you'll have multiple useful functions to help you detail and organise your pages. You can use it to preview the pagination of your yearbook (order of pages) but you can also organise your yearbook tasks, assign pages to ...
Keeping track of what stage everything is at is a huge task and one that is easier if it is properly planned. Consider the following: If you can, gather a team of student helpers or staff who can assist you throughout the year with taking photos, ...
How Do I Send the Content to YOLO?
Dropbox The preferred method of file transfer is via Dropbox. All text and photos can be sent via Dropbox (a browser-based application). YOLO will set up a shared folder on Dropbox and will send you an invite to join the shared folder. If you do not ...
What's a Typical Yearbook Timeline?
Typically, you will sign up for yearbook with YOLO around March/April. Then begins the initial yearbook planning from April to June - organising content and page plans, sending YOLO the design brief and deciding on a design to use. The second stage ...
Content Submission Checklist
Before uploading the content to YOLO, please check the following: A page plan has been sent All content is/will be supplied (text and photos) All content is supplied in a neat and logical directory structure and in appropriate folders Only new ...