The preferred method of file transfer is via Dropbox. All text and photos can be sent via Dropbox (a browser-based application).
YOLO will set up a shared folder on Dropbox and will send you an invite to join the shared folder. If you do not already have a Dropbox folder, you will need to create an account in order to accept the invite. The benefit of a shared folder is that both YOLO and yearbook coordinator can see changes within the folder live, and can access all the same folders etc.
Please do not create your own folder and then share it with or send it to YOLO, as sometimes this results in you sending the contents of a folder but not creating a Shared folder. If a folder is not shared then the files cannot be viewed by the other party. Usually, you can tell it has been shared if there are two 'people' in the folder icon.
Once you have accepted the invitation to the Shared folder, you can send your content. Please do not send the content until it is almost all complete and finalised, to avoid any confusion.
YOLO will download the entire folder to our server once you have advised us that you have finished uploading the content. After this point, you will need to advise YOLO if you need to upload any new or replacement content, so that we can then download it to our local server for use in your yearbook.
Sending your Content
Ensure that the name of your directory includes your school's name, i.e. not just called 'yearbook' or 'our yearbook 2018', etc. Add your completed file directory in either of two ways:
Drag and Drop
- Log in to Dropbox.
- Navigate to the shared folder and click to open - leave this browser window open.
- Navigate to the location of your completed directory on your computer. Using your mouse, drag the folder over the web browser window and drop it to begin the upload.
4. While the files are uploading, you should see a progress status message at the bottom of the open browser window. This will close once the upload is complete.
Browse and Upload
- Make a zipped folder
- For this method, you will need to 'zip' or compress the entire directory.
- On macOSX, control-click or right-click the folder to be compressed, on the drop-down menu that appears, select 'Compress [name of your directory]'
- A zip file will be created. It will have a file extension of '.zip'.
For Windows, press and hold (or right-click) the file or folder, select (or point to) Send to, and then select Compressed (zipped) folder.
A new zipped folder with the same name is created in the same location.
Upload the zipped folder
- Log in to Dropbox
- Navigate to the shared folder and click to open it
On the right-hand side of the browser you will see a button for 'Upload files'
- Click this button
- In the window that opens, navigate to the location of your zipped folder
- Select the zipped folder and click Open
- The folder will begin uploading. When it is finished, you will see a notification of the completed upload.
Finally, email YOLO to advise that you have successfully sent your content. Sit back and relax, we will begin layout of the 1st proofs!!